Utah Jobs Report
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah is growing, that’s what the Department of Workforce Services is saying.
In the month of October employment grew by an estimated 3.3%, adding 51,200 jobs since this time last year with the state’s unemployment dropping two-tenths of a percent to 2.5%.
“October is the springboard month for the upcoming holiday shopping season,” reported Mark Knold, Chief Economist at the Department of Workforce Services. “October’s profile helps gauge the consumer’s stance entering this important economic period. Utah’s current strong numbers point to an anticipated collectively healthy and positive attitude.”
Nate McDonald with the Utah Department of Workforce Services broke the Utah jobs report live on Utah’s Morning News and you can hear his conversation with Tim and Amanda below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries