SALT LAKE CITY — Utah is growing, that’s what the Department of Workforce Services is saying.
In the month of October employment grew by an estimated 3.3%, adding 51,200 jobs since this time last year with the state’s unemployment dropping two-tenths of a percent to 2.5%.
“October is the springboard month for the upcoming holiday shopping season,” reported Mark Knold, Chief Economist at the Department of Workforce Services. “October’s profile helps gauge the consumer’s stance entering this important economic period. Utah’s current strong numbers point to an anticipated collectively healthy and positive attitude.”
Nate McDonald with the Utah Department of Workforce Services broke the Utah jobs report live on Utah’s Morning News and you can hear his conversation with Tim and Amanda below.
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 8958)
- Grant Imahara, host of 'MythBusters' and 'White Rabbit Project,' has died (pageviews: 4574)
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2930)
- Walmart will start requiring all customers to wear masks (pageviews: 2418)
- Daniel Lewis Lee executed after Supreme Court clears the way for first federal execution in 17 years (pageviews: 2146)
- Working from home can soon mean working in Barbados for up to a year (pageviews: 2114)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1922)
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1719)