Utah Jobs Report
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah is growing, that’s what the Department of Workforce Services is saying.
In the month of October employment grew by an estimated 3.3%, adding 51,200 jobs since this time last year with the state’s unemployment dropping two-tenths of a percent to 2.5%.
“October is the springboard month for the upcoming holiday shopping season,” reported Mark Knold, Chief Economist at the Department of Workforce Services. “October’s profile helps gauge the consumer’s stance entering this important economic period. Utah’s current strong numbers point to an anticipated collectively healthy and positive attitude.”
Nate McDonald with the Utah Department of Workforce Services broke the Utah jobs report live on Utah’s Morning News and you can hear his conversation with Tim and Amanda below.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient