SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Second Lady of the United States Karen Pence was at the state capitol Friday to file some important paperwork.
Pence is with President Trump’s re-election campaign and filed documents to get the Trump/Pence ticket on the ballot in Utah.
The event had an invited crowd of around fifty people, including a number of GOP donors.
Pence was frequently interrupted with cheers and applause while speaking to those gathered.
“It has been three years of promises made and promises kept,” she said. “And here’s a surprise for y’all, we’re just getting started.”
She spent significant time talking about President Trump rolling back restrictions on faith-based organizations.
“America is winning under Trump,” claimed Pence.
The day of the event coincidentally corresponded with the monthly update of Utah’s jobs report.
The report pointed toward record-low unemployment around 2.5%, in addition to job growth near 3.3%.
Nate McDonald with the Utah Department of Workforce Services joined Utah’s Morning News with Tim and Amanda to discuss the unemployment numbers.
“That’s the lowest we’ve seen well before the Great Recession,” he explained. “That’s what’s so amazing, is to have such low unemployment with such high job growth.”
Pence didn’t take long to highlight those recent statistics.
“Here unemployment is so low, it’s unbelievable,” she said. “And the unemployment rate for women is the lowest it’s been in my lifetime.”
Also speaking at the gathering was U.S. Senator Mike Lee.
He took the opportunity to make a major announcement.
“I’m honored to stand today and to join today as a co-chair for President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign in Utah,” said Lee.
Utah’s primary is on March 3rd, which is known as “Super Tuesday.” Only Senators Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar have filed for their party’s statewide Utah primary.
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 8958)
- Grant Imahara, host of 'MythBusters' and 'White Rabbit Project,' has died (pageviews: 4574)
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2930)
- Walmart will start requiring all customers to wear masks (pageviews: 2418)
- Daniel Lewis Lee executed after Supreme Court clears the way for first federal execution in 17 years (pageviews: 2146)
- Working from home can soon mean working in Barbados for up to a year (pageviews: 2114)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1922)
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1719)