Big drug bust made by Salt Lake City Police this week
SALT LAKE CITY—Salt Lake City Police made a substantial drug bust this week after 47-year-old Isidro Cano was reported for selling narcotics out of a hotel room.
Salt Lake police tweeted the news about the bust this week
City Narcotics and Street Crimes Units seized 1.2 Lbs of Meth, 1.2 Lbs of Heroin, 22 grams of marijuana, 20 Oxy pills and cash. Needless to say, we’re happy to have the offender in jail and the drugs off the street! Good work by our detectives!
#SaferCommunity #SayNoToDrugs pic.twitter.com/sm5kAvA1wu
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) November 14, 2019
“That’s a large quantity of narcotics to take off of somebody,” Detective Michael Ruff said, “so we’re glad we were able to get that off the streets and book the individual into jail.”
Early Wednesday morning detectives were told an individual might be selling narcotics out of a room at Microtel Inn and Suites by the Salt Lake International Airport.
They found Cano then got enough information for a search warrant. Cano is now charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
Ruff said the district attorney’s office will decide what charges are filed in court.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor causes significant delays
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Utah resolution proposing Friday designation for Halloween celebrations advances