SALT LAKE CITY—Salt Lake City Police made a substantial drug bust this week after 47-year-old Isidro Cano was reported for selling narcotics out of a hotel room.
Salt Lake police tweeted the news about the bust this week
City Narcotics and Street Crimes Units seized 1.2 Lbs of Meth, 1.2 Lbs of Heroin, 22 grams of marijuana, 20 Oxy pills and cash. Needless to say, we’re happy to have the offender in jail and the drugs off the street! Good work by our detectives!
#SaferCommunity #SayNoToDrugs pic.twitter.com/sm5kAvA1wu
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) November 14, 2019
“That’s a large quantity of narcotics to take off of somebody,” Detective Michael Ruff said, “so we’re glad we were able to get that off the streets and book the individual into jail.”
Early Wednesday morning detectives were told an individual might be selling narcotics out of a room at Microtel Inn and Suites by the Salt Lake International Airport.
They found Cano then got enough information for a search warrant. Cano is now charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
Ruff said the district attorney’s office will decide what charges are filed in court.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings