Utes Football move up to No. 7 in AP Top 25 poll after rout of UCLA
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utes Football program moved up a spot in the AP Top 25 poll to No. 7 after dismantling the UCLA Bruins 49-3 on Saturday.
The University of Utah had been stuck on the No. 8 ranking for a couple of weeks. Pac 12 foe, Oregon, remained at No. 6 in the poll as it beat Arizona 34-6 on Saturday.
Georgia passes Alabama in the Week 13 AP Poll 🏈
2. Ohio State
9. Penn State
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 17, 2019
The program also moved up one spot in the coaches poll from No. 9 to No. 8.
The Utes controls its own destiny for a second consecutive Pac 12 South division title as well. It has two games left; at Arizona Saturday and home against Colorado on November 30. If they win both games they will represent the south in the Pac 12 Championship game. Oregon has already clinched the North division. The championship game will be Friday, December 6, at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California.
USC still has a shot at the South division only being one game back of the Utes. The Trojans also hold the tiebreaker since they handed the Utes its only loss of the season back in September.
The Utes will kick off against Arizona Saturday at 8 PM.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- Utah gas prices spike, Governor blames regional supply
- Lawyers say new Petito photos prove Moab Police ignored evidence of abuse
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress