UPDATE: Police cancel Amber Alert for 3-week old baby
Updated 11/22/19 8:56 pm
CLINTON, Utah — Police in Clinton have canceled an Amber Alert for 3-week old Audrey Westfall.
A press release from two California jurisdictions and from Clinton police confirm no charges will be filed against 25-year-old Taylor Webb, who took her 3-week-old daughter Audrey Westfall from a Clinton home of the baby’s grandmother.
Authorities say Taylor Webb is a loving and caring mother who never posed any danger to her newborn. According to the release, little Audrey was unjustly removed from Webb’s care.
Shortly after her baby was born, Webb was placed in a medically induced coma due to complications from the birth while she was in California, which is the reason that her mother had temporary guardianship. Webb’s lawyers say that guardianship should be returned to the mother immediately.
They stated, ” In fact, no further interference of any kind is required for this fully competent and capable mother to raise her own newborn baby, as any American parent has a right to do.”
The Clinton Police Department released a statement saying, “We understand the guardianship order to still be in place in California, additional proceedings are continuing during which time Audrey will remain listed (in the National Crime Information Center database) .”
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- One dead in early Saturday crash on I-80
- Some Utah areas see slight drop in drought levels
- Alpine School District restricts 52 library books
- Increased reward for information on the murder of Rosie Tapia
- Hello, haze: Air quality to remain poor until weekend, meteorologists say