At the start of the show, we heard the (semi) breaking news that former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford was pulling out the 2020 Presidential race. Sanford announced his run over the summer, challenging Donald Trump on the Republican ticket. As Boyd reported on the story on-air, Robynn made a series of quick phone calls and we were able to book Gov. Sanford over the phone for our last segment to comment on his withdrawal from the race. Boyd asked Mark some hard questions, and we were able to capture an exclusive and breaking interview during a nationally developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter