Dad attacked crossing guard outside elementary school
It happened right outside the Mary R. Fisher Elementary School in Thompson.
School officials said 31-year-old Jason Beshaw, a local parent, tried to bypass the designated flow of traffic.
The crossing guard tried to stop the car from entering the restricted area, and was struck.
That’s when Beshaw jumped out of the car and physically assaulted the crossing guard, officials said.
The crossing guard was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Beshaw was taken into custody by state police.
He was charged with risk of injury to a child, second-degree breach of peace, third-degree assault, and second-degree reckless endangerment.
School officials said some parents and students did witness this incident.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- Lawyer releases pages from Brian Laundrie’s notebook in which he admits to killing…
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Hill Air Force Base’s Air and Space show bringing STEM to kids
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case