Utahn among 3 people arrested in Nebraska
IMPERIAL, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say they’ve found the remains of a missing woman in southwest Nebraska and arrested three people, including a Utahn, suspected of involvement in her disappearance as well as the kidnapping of another woman.
The Chase County Sheriff’s Office says the body was found Sunday afternoon near Imperial. Her father had reported three days earlier that he hadn’t heard from his 22-year-old daughter for about a week. Authorities identified her Monday as Annika Swanson of Imperial.
A 43-year-old man from rural Enders was arrested Thursday. County court records say Russell Mann is charged with two felony counts of being an accessory to kidnapping. The records don’t list an attorney for him.
The sheriff’s office says two more people were arrested Saturday in Fort Collins, Colorado. Twenty-four-year-old Kevin German, of Colorado Springs, Colorado; and 22-year-old Keonna Carter, of Taylorsville, Utah, are charged with kidnapping, use of a firearm, assault and other crimes. The court records don’t list attorneys for them.
All three are also suspected in the kidnapping and assault of a 20-year-old woman. The sheriff’s office says she’s safe now.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Utah particle pollution improves, ozone worsens in lung report