Two injured in shooting at downtown apartment complex
SALT LAKE CITY — Two people are in the hospital after a shooting at the Skyhouse Apartments in downtown Salt Lake City.
Just after 11 a.m., Salt Lake City Police responded to a call of shots fired inside the apartments at 308 W. North Temple.
Sgt. Keith Horrocks says police believe this was an isolated incident. They do not believe that there is any threat to the public but adds this is still a developing situation.
“At this time we’re trying to piece together what happened. We have an outstanding suspect but we are developing that information.” Horrocks says.
Sgt. Horrocks says that two individuals have been transported to local hospitals. One was in serious condition, and the other was serious but stable.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting