UPDATED: One dead in Kaysville home fire
KAYSVILLE — One person is dead following a fire in a Kaysville home. Authorities are investigating the possible cause of the fire.
The home is located at 250 N, between 500 E and 600 E.
Fire crews from three cities arrived at a Kaysville home at 10:15 p.m. on Friday night. They found “fire venting from nearly all of the windows,” according to the Kaysville Fire Department.
The heavy fire conditions prevented the crews from entering the home early in the firefight.
When entry was made possible, crews found one resident dead.
Authorities say a 76-year old man died in the fire.
Dispatchers have identified the man as DeRay Taylor, 76.
Crews believe he was the sole occupant of the home.
The cause of the fire remains undetermined.
The Kaysville Fire Department says it will act in a joint investigation with the Utah State Fire Marshall’s office to continue the examination.
Ogden home fire
Investigators in Ogden are also looking into a fire in Ogden that severely damaged a home.
Firefighter crews arrived in the dark, early hours of Saturday morning.
Crews found smoke venting from the eaves of the home. The fire was contained in the attic.
Crews quickly put out the fire.
One occupant and a dog were able to safely exit the burning home.
Crews successfully rescued a cat from the home.
The cost of the fire damage is estimated to be at $50,000.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the attic fire.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- New poll suggests marriage is dying
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Two men accused of stealing dying piglets from Utah farm face charges
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Deputies say evidence pointing to homicide likely in case of Dylan Rounds
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation