In 2011, officer Kevin Peck crawled under a crashed bus to hold a woman’s hand until she was finally rescued.
Peck told the Deseret News this week that he helped save another crash victim a month ago but in Europe.
Peck says he and his wife were traveling from Germany to France when two cars in front of them collided on a one-lane road.
Despite a language barrier, Peck got someone’s belt and used it as a tourniquet on an injured woman’s leg.
Peck made headlines when a photo captured him with his head under a bus in West Valley City clutching the hand of a woman pinned underneath.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings