Utah officer helping to save lives at crash scene again
In 2011, officer Kevin Peck crawled under a crashed bus to hold a woman’s hand until she was finally rescued.
Peck told the Deseret News this week that he helped save another crash victim a month ago but in Europe.
Peck says he and his wife were traveling from Germany to France when two cars in front of them collided on a one-lane road.
Despite a language barrier, Peck got someone’s belt and used it as a tourniquet on an injured woman’s leg.
Peck made headlines when a photo captured him with his head under a bus in West Valley City clutching the hand of a woman pinned underneath.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition