A new report says BYU has reached a seven-year deal with ESPN to broadcast home football games.
BYU has not confirmed this yet. But national college football expert Brett McMurphy tweeted about it.
BYU & ESPN have agreed on 7-year deal thru 2026 season for the network to televise BYU’s home football games, sources told @Stadium. The deal also will guarantee the Cougars a contracted bowl game each year when bowl-eligible
— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) December 3, 2019
He says the deal will allow ESPN to televise BYU home football games through the 2026 season. It also guarantees the Cougars a contracted bowl game each year when they are bowl-eligible.
BYU’s athletic department told the Deseret News they will announce the new deal when everything is finalized.
KSLSports.com says since 2011, BYU is in the top 20 in all of college football for most nationally televised games.
ESPN and BYU have said for years that their partnership is helpful for both of them.
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 8958)
- Grant Imahara, host of 'MythBusters' and 'White Rabbit Project,' has died (pageviews: 4574)
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2930)
- Walmart will start requiring all customers to wear masks (pageviews: 2418)
- Daniel Lewis Lee executed after Supreme Court clears the way for first federal execution in 17 years (pageviews: 2146)
- Working from home can soon mean working in Barbados for up to a year (pageviews: 2114)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1922)
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1719)