Report says BYU and ESPN have reached a broadcast deal
A new report says BYU has reached a seven-year deal with ESPN to broadcast home football games.
BYU has not confirmed this yet. But national college football expert Brett McMurphy tweeted about it.
BYU & ESPN have agreed on 7-year deal thru 2026 season for the network to televise BYU’s home football games, sources told @Stadium. The deal also will guarantee the Cougars a contracted bowl game each year when bowl-eligible
— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) December 3, 2019
He says the deal will allow ESPN to televise BYU home football games through the 2026 season. It also guarantees the Cougars a contracted bowl game each year when they are bowl-eligible.
BYU’s athletic department told the Deseret News they will announce the new deal when everything is finalized.
KSLSports.com says since 2011, BYU is in the top 20 in all of college football for most nationally televised games.
ESPN and BYU have said for years that their partnership is helpful for both of them.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested