Offer comes after Kaepernick workout… for someone else
The workout of former San Fransico 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick in front of representatives from teams around the NFL has finally led to an offer.
Just not to him.
The Washington Redskins announced Wednesday that they have signed Wide Receiver Jordan Veasy to their practice squad.
Veasy was in attendance at Kaepernick’s workout as a wide receiver, the one who was there to catch passes from the former QB.
He gained some serious attention from the teams after catching a 50-yard pass from Kaepernick.
Kap’s best throw of the night, without question pic.twitter.com/WtsgumqPrH
— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) November 16, 2019
Veasey was released from his former contract on the Buffalo Bills practice squad.
The Washington Post reports that Veasey and Kaepernick had known each other before showing up to the workout on Nov. 16th when they had taken a class together about black representation in popular culture at the University of California at Berkeley. That’s why he says he reached out to Kaepernick to be a part of his workout.
“I was going to be in Gadsden running routes anyway,” Veasy said, grinning. “Might as well run ’em in front of some scouts.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Death of Gunnison prison inmate could be homicide
- Boy killed while playing “the fainting game” will be laid to rest Wednesday