Coast Guard rescues stranded dog
“There’s a first for everything.”
That’s what the US Coast Guard station at Fort Myers Beach is saying after performing quite a unique rescue.
“While our crew was out underway for a night patrol, we received a call for a dog in distress swimming off Fort Myers Beach/Bowditch Point,” they wrote on Facebook.
The crew was able to use the same techniques they do when responding to people and safely rescue the stranded pup and get them back to its owner.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Shelter-in-place continues in Tooele as SWAT situation unfolds
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Crashes and bad weather cause traffic across Utah
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans