Pac-12 South champion Utah to face Texas in Alamo Bowl
SAN ANTONIO (AP)- Pac-12 South champion Utah will travel to San Antonio to take on Texas in the Alamo Bowl.
The Utes were in contention for a spot in the College Football Playoff before Oregon blew them out 37-15 in the conference title game.
The Longhorns will look to cap a disappointing season with a win in their home state before what should be a Texas-friendly crowd.
Texas beat Oregon State 31-27 in the Alamo Bowl in 2012. Utah is 17-5 in bowl games and has won five of its last six postseason games.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook