‘Howdy Partner!’ Pigeons wearing tiny cowboy hats show up in Vegas
LAS VEGAS — Pigeons sporting tiny cowboy hats have been showing up in Las Vegas, and no one knows why.
These ‘cow’birds caught the attention of Robert Lee who spotted the birds just off the Las Vegas Strip last week.
“Just another day in the neighborhood,” he wrote on Facebook.
No one is quite sure who is to blame for the behatted birds, but a local animal rescue is worried about them.
— Bruja ♥🧙🏼♀️ (@kassandraqueenn) December 9, 2019
Lofty Hopes founder Mariah Hillman said the first time she saw the video she thought that it was pretty cute until she started wondering what it could do to the birds.
“How did they get those hats on there? Did they glue them? And what does that mean for them?” Hillman told KVVU. “Is it something that’s going to impede their flight or attract predators?”
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- 18-year-old connected to Orem shooting turns himself in
- U of U community reacts to discovery of hidden cameras in campus bathrooms
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County