Air Force’s F-35 demonstration team begins season in Arizona
The Air Force’s F-35A demonstration team based in northern Utah will launch its 2020 season with performances in Arizona.
A schedule posted on the website of the 388th Fighter Wing at Hill Air Force Base says the team’s first performance is scheduled March 13-14 at the Marine Corps Air Station at Yuma, followed by a March 21-22 performance at Luke Air Force Base in metro Phoenix.
Other scheduled 2020 performances include one on Sept. 17-20 in Reno, Nevada. The team formerly was based at Luke before moving to Hill, where the team will perform June 27-28.
Officials say preparations for the 2020 season are underway and that the team is expected to begin flying practice around Hill in early January.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one