Air Force’s F-35 demonstration team begins season in Arizona
The Air Force’s F-35A demonstration team based in northern Utah will launch its 2020 season with performances in Arizona.
A schedule posted on the website of the 388th Fighter Wing at Hill Air Force Base says the team’s first performance is scheduled March 13-14 at the Marine Corps Air Station at Yuma, followed by a March 21-22 performance at Luke Air Force Base in metro Phoenix.
Other scheduled 2020 performances include one on Sept. 17-20 in Reno, Nevada. The team formerly was based at Luke before moving to Hill, where the team will perform June 27-28.
Officials say preparations for the 2020 season are underway and that the team is expected to begin flying practice around Hill in early January.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes