Moderate Utah Democrat to vote yes on Pres. Trump impeachment
MURRAY, Ut — Moderate Utah Democrat Ben McAdams says he will vote to impeach President Donald Trump. McAdams holds a seat in a largely Republican district.
He said Monday that Mr. Trump abused the power of his office by pressuring Ukraine to investigate the former Vice President Joe Biden’s family.
“My duty is to the Constitution and to our country, “McAdams said. “What the president did was wrong. His actions warrant accountability. I cannot turn a blind eye, thereby condoning this president and future presidents, Republican or Democrat, to do the same,” McAdams said.
He also rebuked members of both parties and said he trusted voters to decide Mr. Trump’s ultimate political fate.
The announcement comes ahead of a tough re-election race in a suburban Salt Lake City district that McAdams narrowly flipped last year.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport