Utah Senator Mike Lee says Nancy Pelosi is scared
Utah Senator Mike Lee says he knows why House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is delaying sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate.
“This thing is a gigantic hobgoblin for her. She’s freaked out by it and does not want to entrust us with conducting a trial. Why? She knows it will end very badly for her,” he said live on Fox News Thursday night.
And if she doesn’t send it over, “It’s like a tree that falls in the forest with no one there to hear it,” he said.
Lee says the impeachment was a shoddy job in an effort to ram it through, but any attempt to extort the Senate will backfire.
He told Fox News that the President has not done anything impeachable or anything wrong.
Lee also told the Deseret News that democrats might be holding out for terms that will give the case a better chance.
Senator Mitt Romney continues to withhold judgement.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Boy killed while playing “the fainting game” will be laid to rest Wednesday
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Death of Gunnison prison inmate could be homicide