Grandpa buys school bus to take his grand kids to school
GLADSTONE, Ore. — Doug Hayes has ten grandchildren and wanted to do something special for them this year for Christmas. So he bought a school bus.
Hayes’ ten grandkids attend a small Christian school that doesn’t have a bus service, so Hayes thought he could fill that gap.
“I thought, gee whiz, maybe there’s some way that I can give them a memory that will last all their life,” Hayes explained to KGW in Portland.
The bus has been fittingly named the “Grandfather Express,” and Hayes’ grandkids seemed pretty excited that he’ll be taking them to school.
“I never expected him to buy a bus. I think my friends are going to be stunned,” one of his grandsons, Christian, said.
Hayes is excited about their first trip in January.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery