South Salt Lake PD investigating auto-pedestrian crash involving man in wheelchair
South Salt Lake Police are investigating a serious auto-pedestrian crash involving a man in a wheelchair.
The accident took place early Thursday morning along 300 West and 3200 South when a driver of a pickup truck traveling northbound struck the man.
Lt. Gregg Carlson with South Salt Lake Police says that the driver immediately pulled over and called police and has been cooperating in their ongoing investigation.
The man in the wheelchair was transported to the hospital in critical condition.
Police say the injured man was in the roadway and not on a crosswalk.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- 3 injured after port-a-potty truck took a spill on I-80 in Tooele County
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Inside Sources: Kayaker tells his story of survival on the Great Salt Lake