N Carolina couple call 911 on vacuum thought to be intruder
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP) — ‘Twas the night of Christmas at a North Carolina house, no creature should have been stirring, not even a mouse.
But a Forsyth County couple awoke with a fright, as something was moving about their house in the night.
They dashed to their closet and hid in fear, dialing 911 with a sensitive ear.
Responding sheriff’s deputies searched the home, and found a robot vacuum alone. The source of the scare had quickly been sorted, WGHP-TV reported. The robot had seemingly started and gotten stuck, its beeping and banging made the audible muck.
Homeowner Thomas Milam said the vacuum named Harry was new. They’d had it for days, maybe just two.
He said it’s not better to be sorry than safe, and he’d call 911 again, even if making a mistake.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says