“Peloton Husband” gives real-life girlfriend an exercise bike for Christmas
It was the commercial that took the internet by storm and spun up quite the controversy: the Peloton bike, gifted to a woman by her husband.
The ad, centered around a Peloton stationary bike, drew criticism from some viewers for being potentially sexist and out of touch. It was spoofed and criticized on social media and after airing, Peloton stock dropped 9%.
Much of that criticism was focused on actor Sean Hunter, who has since taken the moniker “@peletonhusband” online.
Hunter, who is an elementary school teacher in Vancouver, leaned into the meme this Christmas and bought his real-life girlfriend one of the exercise bikes for Christmas.
“Here’s hoping this goes over better the second time. … Merry Christmas to my actual girlfriend (pls don’t leave me),” he wrote on Instagram.
Peloton responded to the post, welcoming them to the Peloton family.
“Looks like a successful Christmas gift to us! We hope you love it, and we’re so glad you’re a part of the Peloton family!” they wrote.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist