Pac-12 builds expectations after strong nonconference season
Pac-12 basketball has ratcheted up expectations following a strong nonconference season.
The conference has three ranked teams in No. 6 Oregon, No. 21 Washington and No. 24 Arizona and a string of marquee wins heading into league play.
The rise follows a couple of down seasons.
The Pac-12 went 0 for 3 in the 2018 NCAA Tournament and appeared to be a one-bid league a year ago before the selection committee pushed three through to the bracket of 68.
With loaded teams at the top and depth throughout, the conference is hoping for more March success in 2019-20.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Saturday morning conference session makes history