Marijuana dispensary opens over the Utah-Nevada state line
WEST WENDOVER, Nevada — A recreational and medical marijuana dispensary opened Monday, December 30th in Northeastern Nevada near the Utah border.
It’s called Deep Roots Harvest, and it opened at 8AM. Some had said they expected a line waiting, but that was not the case.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) December 30, 2019
Nevada passed recreational marijuana almost three years ago, but some city officials fought against allowing dispensaries in West Wendover. The council voted last year to allow just one license.
The owner told the Elko Daily he believes vapes, pre-rolled cannabis, and edibles will be the store’s biggest sellers.
But if Utahns drive out, they’ll need to remember it is illegal to transport marijuana across state lines. Also, casinos won’t permit it on their gaming floors, and it cannot be consumed in public.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport