Marijuana dispensary opens over the Utah-Nevada state line
WEST WENDOVER, Nevada — A recreational and medical marijuana dispensary opened Monday, December 30th in Northeastern Nevada near the Utah border.
It’s called Deep Roots Harvest, and it opened at 8AM. Some had said they expected a line waiting, but that was not the case.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) December 30, 2019
Nevada passed recreational marijuana almost three years ago, but some city officials fought against allowing dispensaries in West Wendover. The council voted last year to allow just one license.
The owner told the Elko Daily he believes vapes, pre-rolled cannabis, and edibles will be the store’s biggest sellers.
But if Utahns drive out, they’ll need to remember it is illegal to transport marijuana across state lines. Also, casinos won’t permit it on their gaming floors, and it cannot be consumed in public.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Suspect arrested, one victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Tom Brady announces retirement: ‘I’m retiring for good’
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility