Hiker finds body in Hells Canyon
SALT LAKE CITY– A hiker found a body while hiking Hells Canyon on Sunday.
The hiker called Salt Lake City Police Department around 10 AM to report a possible decaying body they discovered while hiking the trail.
Authorities shut the trail down to investigate. The body was decomposing and authorities couldn’t determine the sex of the body, according to Detective Greg Wilking.
A medical examiner was one site. No further information has been released at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says