Hiker finds body in Hells Canyon
SALT LAKE CITY– A hiker found a body while hiking Hells Canyon on Sunday.
The hiker called Salt Lake City Police Department around 10 AM to report a possible decaying body they discovered while hiking the trail.
Authorities shut the trail down to investigate. The body was decomposing and authorities couldn’t determine the sex of the body, according to Detective Greg Wilking.
A medical examiner was one site. No further information has been released at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event