Weber State President announces $10M scholarship initiative
(Ogden) AP- The president of Weber State University has announced a $10 million scholarship initiative will soon be accessible for students encountering financial difficulties. Standard-Examiner reported that President Brad Mortensen made the announcement Tuesday at his inauguration ceremony as the university’s 13th president. University officials say the scholarship was designed to provide support to students who are near completion but have encountered obstacles. Fundraising has begun for the scholarship and officials say they expect to earn $10 million by July 1 and award the first scholarship recipients this year. Mortensen was named president in December 2018.
Today’s Top Stories
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study