The International Olympic Committee is in talks with three possible bidders to host the Winter Olympics in the future, after the 2022 Winter Olympics that is set to take place in Beijing.
Former Winter Games hosts Salt Lake City and Sapporo were confirmed along with 1992 Summer Games host Barcelona. The Catalonian city would spread events across the Pyrenees region and look for venues outside Spain for sliding and ski jumping.
A new Olympic selection process keeps up a rolling dialogue with possible candidates who can now be selected many years in advance. Previous hosting elections had to be seven years before the games.
The 2024 Winter Youth Olympics were awarded to the Gangwon region of South Korea.
- LA Officials: Nine bodies found in wreckage of chopper that killed Kobe Bryant (pageviews: 7666)
- Parents of 2 missing Idaho children issue statement (pageviews: 3052)
- Mom of two missing Idaho kids found in Hawaii with new husband (pageviews: 2415)
- Mom of missing Idaho kids ordered to produce children in 5 days (pageviews: 2075)
- LA Officials: Nine bodies found in wreckage of chopper that killed Kobe Bryant (pageviews: 2044)
- Stories from the Streets: the middle class mom who ended up homeless (pageviews: 2029)
- Aviation experts suspect Bryant's pilot got lost in the fog (pageviews: 1504)
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen (pageviews: 1407)