Senator Lee continues to support Trump after criticizing briefing
SANDY (AP)- Republican U.S. Sen. Mike Lee of Utah says he still supports President Donald Trump, despite Lee’s criticism of the lack of information given to members of Congress about the reasons for killing an Iranian military leader.
Lee spokes Saturday in Sandy at the annual convention of the Utah Eagle Forum, a far-right group active in state politics.
Lee called Wednesday’s briefing probably the worst he’s seen on a military issue in the nine years he’s served in the Senate.
Lee says Trump is making the U.S. look stronger through the restraint of power, but he still supports a resolution to curb Trump’s ability to expand the conflict with Iran.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Expert gives tips on conquering your downward social media scroll
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient