SALT LAKE CITY — Vivint Smart Home Arena is now cash-free. No more cash to buy food or merchandise at the venue during games or concerts.
They only accept credit or debit cards, prepaid cards and mobile payments from now on.
Those who only brought cash can go to a kiosk and convert it into a MasterCard prepaid debit card.
Smartphone payments are done through Utah Jazz + Vivint Arena app digital wallet. Or mobile payment options include Apple, Samsung, Google, and Android pay.
Vivint started making this change last October, because they wanted to speed up the lines. As a result, they say the cash-free system reduces the time spent in line by up to 30 percent.
“The feedback from our initial phase of the cash-free transition was resoundingly positive,” said John Kimball, president of Vivint Smart Home Arena in a press release. “There’s no doubt that cash-free transactions have sped up the lines at our concessions locations so fans can get back to the action quicker. We’re eager to expand the cash-free environment to all food and beverage locations, the box office, and Utah Jazz Team Store for the benefit of all fans.”
Some vendors are even letting people skip the line along with the cash-free transition. El Chubasco, R&R Barbeque, and the Utah Jazz Team Store offer in-seat delivery or pickup. People can do that through the Jazz app or www.vivintarena.com/card-mobile-payment.
You can learn more about the changes in Vivint Arena’s post here.
People will notice the full Vivint cash-free transition for the first time at the Utah Jazz game on Saturday, January 18, 2020. The Jazz play the Sacramento Kings at 7 p.m.
- LA Officials: Nine bodies found in wreckage of chopper that killed Kobe Bryant (pageviews: 7666)
- Parents of 2 missing Idaho children issue statement (pageviews: 3052)
- Mom of two missing Idaho kids found in Hawaii with new husband (pageviews: 2415)
- Mom of missing Idaho kids ordered to produce children in 5 days (pageviews: 2075)
- LA Officials: Nine bodies found in wreckage of chopper that killed Kobe Bryant (pageviews: 2044)
- Stories from the Streets: the middle class mom who ended up homeless (pageviews: 2029)
- Aviation experts suspect Bryant's pilot got lost in the fog (pageviews: 1504)
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen (pageviews: 1407)