Who won the Jeopardy Greatest of All Time?
Editor’s note: This story contains spoilers for “Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time.”
(CNN) — The answer is: The greatest “Jeopardy!” champion of all time.
The question is: Who is Ken Jennings?
Jennings defeated James Holzhauer and Brad Rutter to win the “Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time” special tournament on Tuesday night. Jennings was the first to win three matches, which made him champion.
Besides bragging rights, the Seattle-based software engineer turned author won the grand prize of $1 million. As the runners-up, Rutter and Holzhauer each won $250,000.
Jennings became a household name during his record 74-game winning streak, which was the longest in the game show’s history.
Tuesday night’s victory brought his winnings total to $4.37 million.
The three contestants were selected for their standout performances on the show.
Rutter holds the title for the most money won by a contestant across any television game show, raking in $4.68 million in “Jeopardy!” prize money. He has never lost “Jeopardy!” to a human opponent.
Holzhauer is the record holder for all 15 of the top single-game winnings records on the show. He won the 2019 Tournament of Champions and his winnings total $2.71 million.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?