POLITICS + GOVERNMENT
New poll shows Cox, Huntsman tied in governor race
A new poll among likely Republican primary voters shows a virtual tie between Lt. Governor Spencer Cox and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr.
Both men want to be the next governor of Utah.
The Dan Jones and Associates poll, obtained by Utah Policy, has Huntsman with 32% support and Cox with 28%. The margin of error is +/- 4 percent.
Greg Hughes, Jeff Burningham, Thomas Wright and Aimee Winder Newton each had single digit support.
Cox led Huntsman by 11 points in a November Utah Policy Y2 Analytics Poll. That poll surveyed registered Utah Republicans, which is a different group than likely primary voters.
In this new survey, Cox and Huntsman had high favorability ratings. But most surveyed either had not heard of or had no opinion about the other candidates.
Political opponents come together to support referendum against state’s tax reform package
Thomas Wright adds US Representative Rob Bishop to his governor ticket
EXCLUSIVE: Jon Huntsman officially announces bid for governor
Businessman becomes second Republican in Utah governor race
Utah’s Lt. Gov Spencer Cox announces run for governor
Utah Democrats like Romney, Cox
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Drug Enforcement Administration warns of new substance appearing in Utah
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Church leaders travel the world ministering to all people
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase