OREM, Utah — A former associate dean from Utah Valley University pleads guilty to communications fraud one week after his wife was sentenced to county jail for stealing more than $380,000 from the university.
The Daily Herald reported Tuesday that 47-year-old Phil Clegg accepted a plea deal in exchange for a guilty plea to two felony counts and avoid serving zero to five years in prison for each charge. Prosecutors say Clegg was ordered to pay $64,000 in restitution and complete 120 hours of community service.
Authorities say Clegg and his wife Jennifer Clegg used the money to pay for travel expenses and a private theater business.
- Celebrities rally to send Quaden Bayles to Disneyland after bullying video goes viral (pageviews: 2162)
- Gym trainer arrested for recording females in changing room (pageviews: 2153)
- Site of Mackenzie Lueck murder up for sale... described as what? (pageviews: 1519)
- Mom of 2 missing Idaho children arrested in Hawaii (pageviews: 1300)
- Police: Body found in pipe near Target in Salt Lake (pageviews: 1270)
- BYU, other church universities update student honor code (pageviews: 748)
- Bloomberg to Utah: President Trump won last night's Democratic debate (pageviews: 693)