3-year-old Murray boy in stable condition after shooting himself
MURRAY, Utah — A 3-year-old Murray boy is in stable condition after shooting himself in the head this morning, according to police.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) January 30, 2020
The Murray City Police Department says the incident happened around 6:30 Thursday morning in his home near 5200 S and 800 E.
A family member rushed the boy to Intermountain Medical Center and then he was flown to Primary Children’s Hospital.
Officer Kenny Bass, with the Murray City Police Department, says thankfully the boy was admitted quickly.
“The three-year-old is in stable condition with a non-life threatening injury.”
Nonetheless, he says there’s still a lot of unanswered questions about the shooting because it’s so early.
“Currently, the investigators are looking at it. The information they’ve received is that it’s possibly an accident, however it’s early in the investigation.”
— John Wojcik (@JWojcikKSL) January 30, 2020
Officer Bass says the gun belongs to someone in the home, but they’re not exactly clear who that is.
Police believe the boy climbed on top of a counter to grab the gun and it discharged while he was playing with it.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Manafort gets 47 months, judge cites mostly ‘blameless’ life
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Automakers embrace electric vehicles. But what about buyers?
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says