According to the CDC, cavities are one of the most common chronic diseases of childhood in the United States, the good news is that cavities are preventable. Smart Smiles is a school-based oral health program that focuses on dental disease prevention. They provide care to children at school to ensure they have access to oral healthcare. Each child will get a dental exam by a dentist, an oral health assessment, and preventive services. All of this at no cost to the child or the family.
Smart Smiles started this program because the sooner children begin getting regular dental checkups, the healthier their mouths will stay throughout their lives. This can help prevent cavities and tooth decay that can lead to pain, trouble concentrating, and other medical issues. Children with healthy teeth chew food easily, learn to speak clearly, and smile with confidence.
If you would like their program to come to your school, please visit smartsmiles.dental to contact them.
SelectHelath recognizes the life-long impact made by Smart Smiles as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- U of U students rally in support of Mahsa Amini, woman killed in Iran