First Step House
Affordable housing continues to be a top concern for Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas. Organizations are coming together to take responsibility and make a difference. First Step House provides treatment, housing, and employment services to low-income people experiencing homelessness, substance use disorders, and mental health conditions. Last year, they served over 1,000 people and have a history of achieving positive outcomes for this highly vulnerable population.
On February 20th First Step House will be hosting their annual breakfast at Red Butte Garden to share their year of unprecedented growth and excitement about new projects in community. The newest projects include building 115 units of permanent housing for those who need it.
At this year’s breakfast, you’ll have an opportunity to hear from thought leaders who are spearheading initiatives for this population, as well as experience interactive and fun ways to engage and network. To learn more and purchase tickets please visit firststephouse.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the high-quality, recovery-oriented services provided by First Step House as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires