First Step House
Affordable housing continues to be a top concern for Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas. Organizations are coming together to take responsibility and make a difference. First Step House provides treatment, housing, and employment services to low-income people experiencing homelessness, substance use disorders, and mental health conditions. Last year, they served over 1,000 people and have a history of achieving positive outcomes for this highly vulnerable population.
On February 20th First Step House will be hosting their annual breakfast at Red Butte Garden to share their year of unprecedented growth and excitement about new projects in community. The newest projects include building 115 units of permanent housing for those who need it.
At this year’s breakfast, you’ll have an opportunity to hear from thought leaders who are spearheading initiatives for this population, as well as experience interactive and fun ways to engage and network. To learn more and purchase tickets please visit firststephouse.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the high-quality, recovery-oriented services provided by First Step House as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Utah’s film festival screens an all-Utah cast for Marylin Monroe film