BYU basketball’s TJ Haws welcomes new baby hours after game-winning shot
PROVO, Utah — Brigham Young University senior TJ Haws went from a game-winning shot on Saturday, to having his first baby on Sunday.
Haws made a 3-pointer with just seconds left on the clock, allowing BYU to defeat St. Marys 81 to 79.
Afterward, he spoke to Greg Wrubell on the BYU Post Game Show on KSL Newsradio.
“We’re actually heading to the hospital tonight and we’ll begin the process tonight,” he said. “It’s been a full day of emotions, to say the least.”
Haws said he was thrilled with the back-to-back milestones.
“I’m super excited and I’m happy that we came out with the win and now I’m going to have one of the coolest experiences of my life. I’m excited,” said Haws.
He tweeted that Tyson Ralph Haws was born later on Sunday. His name comes from TJ’s first name, Tyson, and his grandpa Ralph Haws.
Thank you for all your support!
Last night was truly amazing!… but for Lauren and me, today was even better.
Everyone welcome Tyson Ralph Haws to the world.
— TJ Haws (@tjhaws30) February 3, 2020
— BYU Basketball (@BYUbasketball) February 2, 2020
Read more at kslsports.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Investigators track ammunition in fatal film set shooting
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?