BYU basketball’s TJ Haws welcomes new baby hours after game-winning shot
PROVO, Utah — Brigham Young University senior TJ Haws went from a game-winning shot on Saturday, to having his first baby on Sunday.
Haws made a 3-pointer with just seconds left on the clock, allowing BYU to defeat St. Marys 81 to 79.
Afterward, he spoke to Greg Wrubell on the BYU Post Game Show on KSL Newsradio.
“We’re actually heading to the hospital tonight and we’ll begin the process tonight,” he said. “It’s been a full day of emotions, to say the least.”
Haws said he was thrilled with the back-to-back milestones.
“I’m super excited and I’m happy that we came out with the win and now I’m going to have one of the coolest experiences of my life. I’m excited,” said Haws.
He tweeted that Tyson Ralph Haws was born later on Sunday. His name comes from TJ’s first name, Tyson, and his grandpa Ralph Haws.
Thank you for all your support!
Last night was truly amazing!… but for Lauren and me, today was even better.
Everyone welcome Tyson Ralph Haws to the world.
— TJ Haws (@tjhaws30) February 3, 2020
— BYU Basketball (@BYUbasketball) February 2, 2020
Read more at kslsports.com
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map