Knife-wielding intruder shot and killed at Sao Paulo MTC
SAO PAULO, Brazil — An intruder carrying a knife was shot and killed inside the Sao Paulo Missionary Training Center for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
A church spokesperson in Brazil said it happened early Wednesday morning.
Their statement says that someone armed with a knife entered the MTC. Security guards detained the man near the reception desk until the police arrived.
“At some point, when the intruder attempted to attack police, he was shot and killed by police,” said Nei Garcia, Brazil Area Director of Public Affairs
The church says none of the missionaries or MTC staff were harmed during this incident.
“Families of the missionaries and staff are being informed. We are working closely with local authorities and are grateful for their efforts to respond and investigate. We will also provide missionaries and staff with any needed support,” said Garcia.
The statement goes on to say that they are grateful for the prayers and support both for the missionaries and the family of the individual who was killed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Missing girls from South Jordan found near San Diego
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- UDOT makes changes to traffic study after feedback