WVC police step in when baby wants out!
SALT LAKE CITY — A West Valley City police officer was in the right place at the right time today.
The place was 3100 South. The time was Tuesday afternoon, February 11th. That’s when Officer Dean reports he was waved down by a frantic driver who’d just stopped his car in front of the officer.
Officer Dean says the frantic man told him his wife was in labor, and that they would not be making it to the hospital.
Instead, the baby was on the way. In the car. At that moment.
On the West Valley City Facebook page, Officer Dean reported that he grabbed some gloves and moments later, had a brand new baby girl in his hands.
Not long afterward, his teammates from West Valley City Fire were on the scene and they got the mom and baby safely to the hospital.
KSL Newsradio adds our kudos to those of Officer Dean’s colleagues. His quick actions made a potentially frightening situation a little less so.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Lisa Garner has support of Draper mayor to become next city judge
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Attempted kidnapping of a minor near a Taylorsville school