KEARNS, Utah — Police are looking for the driver they say hit a five-year-old boy and then left the scene.
The boy was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Police said the boy was playing in his front yard, and went into the road at about 50th West and Longmire Drive Thursday evening. That’s when he was hit.
Witnesses say the pickup driver stopped for a few moments, but then left.
“Sometimes people leave these scenes just because they’re frightened or afraid and not knowing what to do,” said Unified Police Sgt Melody Grey.
They are looking for a truck that’s white or light-colored with a mismatched-colored driver’s door.
“Please call us. Some of these situations it’s just not as big of a deal as it is if you leave the scene,” said Grey.
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 4396)
- VIDEO: Underground Provo party draws criticism (pageviews: 2589)
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 1779)
- Victim in critical condition after police shooting in Holladay (pageviews: 1469)
- Small plane carrying six people crashed in Duchesne County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1454)
- Coronavirus Tracker (pageviews: 1223)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1089)
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1062)