KEARNS, Utah — Police are looking for the driver they say hit a five-year-old boy and then left the scene.
The boy was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Police said the boy was playing in his front yard, and went into the road at about 50th West and Longmire Drive Thursday evening. That’s when he was hit.
Witnesses say the pickup driver stopped for a few moments, but then left.
“Sometimes people leave these scenes just because they’re frightened or afraid and not knowing what to do,” said Unified Police Sgt Melody Grey.
They are looking for a truck that’s white or light-colored with a mismatched-colored driver’s door.
“Please call us. Some of these situations it’s just not as big of a deal as it is if you leave the scene,” said Grey.
- Site of Mackenzie Lueck murder up for sale... described as what? (pageviews: 3069)
- Church releases updated handbook; section addressing transgender individuals (pageviews: 2736)
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony (pageviews: 2468)
- Some Oregon residents petition to join "Greater Idaho" (pageviews: 1671)
- This violinist played her instrument as surgeons removed a brain tumor (pageviews: 1574)
- Contests (pageviews: 1382)
- Celebrities rally to send Quaden Bayles to Disneyland after bullying video goes viral (pageviews: 1281)