Netflix has released the trailer for the upcoming episodes of Stranger Things 4, the latest season of the popular show set in the 80s. And, to fan’s surprise, it features a favorite character that was presumed to be dead.
The teaser trailer gives a first glimpse into the newest season announced by the show creators in September. The short 50-second spot confirms one thing for fans: they’re not in Hawkins, Indiana, anymore.
The trailer doesn’t give many details on what to expect in the next season for the breakout series. But it does reveal the possible return of a fan-favorite character.
It opens to a cold — literally cold — scene set in Russia with several workers constructing a railroad. The scene ends with a surprise reappearance of one the main characters from the last three seasons: Chief Jim Hopper.
Fans were surprised at the end of season three when Hopper (played by David Harbour) died, disappearing into an extra-dimensional portal. Fans have speculated his return based on hints given in the post-credits scene after the conclusion of season three.
There’s currently no official release date for Stranger Things 4, but many fans assume it may come sooner rather than later now that trailers and scenes are being released.
Watch the trailer below:
- Site of Mackenzie Lueck murder up for sale... described as what? (pageviews: 3069)
- Church releases updated handbook; section addressing transgender individuals (pageviews: 2736)
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony (pageviews: 2468)
- Some Oregon residents petition to join "Greater Idaho" (pageviews: 1671)
- This violinist played her instrument as surgeons removed a brain tumor (pageviews: 1574)
- Contests (pageviews: 1382)
- Celebrities rally to send Quaden Bayles to Disneyland after bullying video goes viral (pageviews: 1281)