SALT LAKE CITY (Deseret News) — Lawmakers in the Utah House have passed an updated bill to ban minors from using a tanning bed even with parental consent.
The Deseret News reports an earlier version of the bill that would have prohibited minors from using tanning beds even with a doctor’s note was defeated earlier in the current legislative session. The new version of the bill sponsored by Republican Rep. Brad Daw struck the provision regarding doctor permission.
Several Republican legislators who originally voted against Daw’s bill say protecting children from skin cancer is more important than a debate about government control and parental rights.
- Site of Mackenzie Lueck murder up for sale... described as what? (pageviews: 3069)
- Church releases updated handbook; section addressing transgender individuals (pageviews: 2736)
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony (pageviews: 2468)
- Some Oregon residents petition to join "Greater Idaho" (pageviews: 1671)
- This violinist played her instrument as surgeons removed a brain tumor (pageviews: 1574)
- Contests (pageviews: 1382)
- Celebrities rally to send Quaden Bayles to Disneyland after bullying video goes viral (pageviews: 1281)