SALT LAKE CITY (KSL-TV) — A Utah man has confirmed a second person from the state quarantined on a cruise ship docked in Yokohama, Japan tested positive for the deadly coronavirus that originated in China.
KSL-TV reported that Mark Jorgensen recorded a Facebook Live video saying his wife Jerri was infected with the coronavirus. The video was recorded Friday in Utah, which is also Saturday in Japan.
The first person from Utah to be diagnosed with the coronavirus is John Haering, who was taken off the ship about 24 hours before Jorgensen, the news station reported. Both couples are reportedly aboard the Diamond Princess.
- Smith's limiting number of customers in store, closing early Easter Sunday (pageviews: 11015)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 4236)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci impressed with Utah response to COVID-19, state to train more in contact tracing (pageviews: 4013)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3385)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 2066)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1595)
- Antibody testing one step closer to tackling COVID-19 in Utah (pageviews: 1375)
- Salt Lake County Mayor considers extending stay home order to Memorial Day or longer (pageviews: 1069)