Jan Garbett is running for Utah governor
The race for Utah governor just got more crowded. Jan Garbett has announced she is running as a Republican.
Jan Garbett believes good solutions come from good people and she wants to give back to the Utah community with her service as governor.
Garbett said in an interview with KSL NewsRadio, “I was preparing to run for congress. Then I found out some information that the gubernatorial candidates were fully behind President Trump. I realized that people in Utah need a choice”.
Who is Jan Garbett?
Garbett, a native Utahn, attended Brigham Young University and the University of Utah. Though she earned her degree in English, Garbett co-founded and runs the multimillion-dollar home construction company, Garbett Homes.
Garbett Homes has built over 5,000 homes and apartments in the state, though Garbett is currently selling homes throughout the Wasatch Front.
Jan Garbett political history
Garbett is not a political novice. She ran as a United Utah Party candidate for Utah’s 2nd Congressional District in 2018, though she withdrew.
She and Vaughn Cook also ran for governor and lieutenant governor of Utah in 2016 on a Democratic ticket, though Garbett was previously registered as a Republican. They were defeated at the convention.
Her husband Bryson also served two terms in the Utah House of Representatives in the 1980s.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb