Utah GOP leaders send letter thanking President Trump
SALT LAKE CITY — Republican state lawmakers are sending a letter thanking President Trump.
House Speaker Brad Wilson and Senate President Stuart Adams both signed the citation thanking President Trump for all he has done for Utah and the nation.
It states that the US and Utah economies have grown steadily under the Trump administration’s policies.
It also praises President Trump’s visit to Utah to reduce the size of the national monuments, and his judicial picks and other actions.
The thank you came instead of bills that would have punished Senator Mitt Romney for his impeachment vote. The citation also calls on Congress to get back to work.
Democrats in the state legislature condemned the letter, saying it expresses an opinion that the body of the legislature did not discuss nor vote on.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Park City man talks about watching Chinese balloon being shot down over his head in South Carolina
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Thousands of dead birds are washing ashore at the Great Salt Lake
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS