SALT LAKE CITY – West Valley City Police are investigating after a 17-year-old boy was shot then dropped off outside the Salt Lake County Metro Jail at 3415 S. 900 West.
Police say they received a report of shots fired on Friday around 5:14 p.m. near 3700 S. Rothchild Circle. They say they did not find any shooting victims when they got there, though they did find several shell casings.
Witnesses reported seeing a couple of vans in the same area, which drove away after the shooting.
The Salt Lake County Metro Jail in South Salt Lake reported a gunshot victim had been dropped off outside its location about a minute after the shooting was called in to police.
Officers say the 17-year-old boy was taken to the hospital in serious condition. It’s unclear who drove him to the Salt Lake County Metro Jail.
- Utah's number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8 (pageviews: 3800)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3191)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 2806)
- President Nelson calls on Latter-day Saints for "solemn assembly" (pageviews: 2368)
- Utah officials report first COVID-19 diagnosis at long-term care facility (pageviews: 2349)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 1989)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1581)
- Salt Lake City and County mayors call for statewide shutdown (pageviews: 1083)