17-year-old boy shot, then left at Salt Lake County Metro Jail
SALT LAKE CITY – West Valley City Police are investigating after a 17-year-old boy was shot then dropped off outside the Salt Lake County Metro Jail at 3415 S. 900 West.
Police say they received a report of shots fired on Friday around 5:14 p.m. near 3700 S. Rothchild Circle. They say they did not find any shooting victims when they got there, though they did find several shell casings.
Witnesses reported seeing a couple of vans in the same area, which drove away after the shooting.
The Salt Lake County Metro Jail in South Salt Lake reported a gunshot victim had been dropped off outside its location about a minute after the shooting was called in to police.
Officers say the 17-year-old boy was taken to the hospital in serious condition. It’s unclear who drove him to the Salt Lake County Metro Jail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Double stabbing sends grandmother and grandson to the hospital
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Crash in Vernon closes Highway 36
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi