Do you have your Super Tuesday ballot?
SALT LAKE CITY – Do you have your Super Tuesday ballot? Tuesday, February 25th is the last day Utahns can request that ballot.
But what if you miss the deadline and still do not have your ballot? Salt Lake County Clerk Sherrie Swenson says there are in-person voting options.
“We also have in-person voting because sometimes people don’t get a ballot, they’ve moved, not updated their address, [or] they may need the amenities of the electronic voting machine, which has an audio ballot,” Swenson said.
This also comes in handy because Utah has same-day voter registration.
“At the in-person voting locations, they can do Election Day or same-day registration,” Swenson says.
She also recommends contacting your county clerk to see where the in-person locations are.
People who receive their mail-in ballots must make sure they’re postmarked no later than March 2nd in order for them to count.
Those who miss that deadline can drop them off at the designated drop off centers on Super Tuesday.
Bernie Takes Heat
Meanwhile, Democratic front runner Senator Bernie Sanders is taking heat from all sides of the political spectrum because of controversial remarks praising Fidel Castro on the television show 60 Minutes.
“We’re very opposed to the authoritarian nature of Cuba,” Sanders said. “But, you know, it’s unfair to simply say everything is bad. You know, when Fidel Castro came into office, you know what he did? He had a massive literacy program,” Sanders said.
The Vermont Senator had been responding to questions about a video from the 1980s showing Sanders also praising Castro.
Fellow Democrat Mike Bloomberg tweeted, “Fidel Castro left a dark legacy of forced labor camps, religious repression, widespread poverty, firing squads, and the murder of thousands of his own people. But sure, Bernie, let’s talk about his literacy program.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Intermountain Healthcare announces plans to build hospital in Ephraim
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition