The Bachelor for seniors is headed to ABC, network says
(CNN) — Okay, boomers. “The Bachelor” franchise is about to get bigger. ABC is casting a new version of the show with “seniors looking for love.”
The surprise was revealed during Monday’s episode of “The Bachelor,” when the network put out a casting call for seniors, people 65 and over.
One producer offered more details on Instagram, writing: “Are you entering your golden years and looking for romance? The producers of The Bachelor are looking for active and outgoing single men and women in their golden [years] for a new exciting dating show.”
ABC reality show head Rob Mills described what producers are looking for with, “#Bachelornation give us your Grumpiest Old Men, give us your Goldenest Girls.”
When one person suggested the new season of “The Bachelor” for seniors be filmed in Boca Raton, FL., Mills replied, “I always say the audience are the best producers.”
“The Bachelor” is currently in Season 24.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man