United Way of Salt Lake City
Our community faces many challenges including poverty, poor health, and lagging educational achievement. United Way of Salt Lake works on the tough issues by engaging organizations, businesses, schools, and individuals to fix complex social problems.
They build partnerships to connect people in need to the right services at the right time through 211. Then they work in schools to bring community resources together to remove barriers and support learning to achieve change that lasts.
United Way, KSL NewsRadio, and SelectHealth need community members like you to help with their Read Across America Day to celebrate reading and share in the joy of learning.
Bring the magic of Harry Potter and the determination of the Very Hungry Caterpillar into schools in our community. Throughout this week, classrooms across the Wasatch Front will be hosting activities that promote literacy and they have a need for you to volunteer. To sign up, visit uw.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the lasting social change provided by the United Way of Salt Lake as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Elon Musk speaks out on ‘Twitter Files’ release detailing platform’s inner…
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Jewish leaders praise Entrata for building bridges after company founder sends anti-Semitic email
- COLD season 2 announced: Justice for Joyce Yost
- Drive-in movie theaters could be here to stay!
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries