United Way of Salt Lake City
Our community faces many challenges including poverty, poor health, and lagging educational achievement. United Way of Salt Lake works on the tough issues by engaging organizations, businesses, schools, and individuals to fix complex social problems.
They build partnerships to connect people in need to the right services at the right time through 211. Then they work in schools to bring community resources together to remove barriers and support learning to achieve change that lasts.
United Way, KSL NewsRadio, and SelectHealth need community members like you to help with their Read Across America Day to celebrate reading and share in the joy of learning.
Bring the magic of Harry Potter and the determination of the Very Hungry Caterpillar into schools in our community. Throughout this week, classrooms across the Wasatch Front will be hosting activities that promote literacy and they have a need for you to volunteer. To sign up, visit uw.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the lasting social change provided by the United Way of Salt Lake as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck