University Neighborhood Partners
Salt Lake City is a resettlement city for refugees and immigrants from all over the world.
Over years of collaborating with the community, University Neighborhood Partners recognized
a significant interest in pathways to higher education and the need for culturally responsive
mental health support. They created a space to bring together community members, educators,
clinicians, and practitioners to respond to the specific requests of the community.
They support those living on the Westside of Salt Lake City by helping them achieve their goals, including access to higher education and health care navigation. They address barriers to educational success and identify common goals to create initiatives that bring a voice to those who have historically been unheard.
It can be really difficult to reach out when you need support, but University Neighborhood Partners aim to create trusting relationships and have seen lives transform because of it. They bring partners together to share ideas to create responsive initiatives that improve the health of this vibrant community.
SelectHealth recognizes the connection provided by University Neighborhood Partners as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- Iran calls for US to be kicked out of 2022 World Cup after it changes Iran flag on social…
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray
- Construction begins on Midway ice castles one icicle at a time
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- Hope In Darkness – Ep. 11 – Full Transcript